Insurance & Real Estate
Ira believes that insurance is a foundational building block in one’s personal financial planning. Insurance protects you, your family and your assets by providing guarantees for some of the uncertainties of life:
- What would happen to your family if you suddenly died?
- What would happen if you became disabled and could not do your job?
- What would happen if you were physically unable to take care of yourself?
- What would happen to your business ownership interest if you passed away?
- When you die…
- …life insurance could provide money to your family, pay off your mortgage, and pay for your children’s college education depending on the coverage desired;
- …a buy-sell insurance policy could provide money for your business partner(s) to buy out your ownership and provide money to your family in the event of your death.
- Should you become seriously hurt and unable to do your job, disability insurance would provide ongoing income.
- Should you require nursing home care or other help at home to assist with daily life activities (e.g., eating, getting dressed, etc.), long term care insurance could help pay for these significant and, at times, devastating financial expenses.
Ira’s insurance experience is an additional skill set he brings to assist his clients. He is a New York State licensed insurance agent and is both affiliated with a major insurance company, as well as having access to a wide variety of other insurance companies, depending on the protection desired.
Real estate is a significant issue in most divorces. Whether deciding to keep or sell the marital residence, or investment real estate, understanding a property’s benefits/risks, valuation, cash flow, tax aspects, depreciation, interest rates, financing, market demand, leasing, potential sale price and working with real estate brokers is key.
Ira’s extensive real estate experience involving both residential and commercial properties, their financing and the above related issues is an additional skill set he brings to assist his clients.
Ira is a New York State licensed real estate broker.